Friday, July 6, 2012

6 Month Results with Pictures

Alright...here it is! Be Warned...the images you are about to view are not for those with a weak stomach! Please cover your children's eyes...we don't want them to be traumatized! ;)
But, you know what...before the pictures...let's check out some numbers, just to see how much weight and inches I have lost in the last 6 months. I started Weight Watchers on January 7 and I began training with Aimee shortly after that.
Starting weight: 374.8 lbs    Current Weight: 319.8 lbs    Total lost: 55 lbs
**My average loss per week is 1.9 lbs
Measurements
Chest: January: 60"  July: 52.25"   Total lost: 7.75"
Waist: January: 67"  July: 52.25"   Total lost:  14.75"
Hips:   January: 73" July:  64.25"   Total lost:  8.75"
Arms:  I have lost about 2" in each arm
Thighs:  I have lost 2-3" in each leg
Neck:  I have lost 1.25"
Total inches lost with combining the total of everything is: 41.5"!!! That is over 3 feet of fat!! Kinda gross really. :)
This is the most weight that I have ever lost at one time...after Sydney, I lost 54 lbs.
I am less than 20 lbs away from being under 300 lbs!!! It didn't happen by my birthday (next week), but I am certain it will happen before the kids go back to school. I am still very pleased with the progress I have made so far!!
So...here they are...not flattering...not very modest, but I feel it gives the best visual. The pictures on top are the ones from January.



There they are! I can't say I really enjoy looking at pictures of myself especially like these, but it is fun to see the transformation! I can't wait to see the difference in another 6 months. I figure that in about 2 years total, I should be at my goal weight. It seems like forever, but this past 6 months has flown by...so I'm sure the rest will too. I am not exactly sure what weight I want to stop at. Once I get to about 175 lbs, I will see how I feel then. And, because of my age and the fact that I have kids, I have no idea what I will look like at that weight. But, most importantly, I want to get rid of my Diabetes and Sleep Apnea. And, I am sure that will happen well before I hit my goal weight. So, the rest is just icing on the cake.
So, here are some of the little victories that I have experienced since I began this journey...
1. When I put the arm rest down in my van, it does not rest on my hip. It goes all the way down with room to spare.
2. If I have an itch in the middle of my back...I can scratch it!
3. My hips don't get squeezed to death when I sit in a chair with arms!
4. I can sit in a booth and not have the table shoved into my stomach, so I can't breathe. Now, I can slide in comfortably.
5. I am not freaked out when I go into a normal sized bathroom stall worrying if I will be able to move.
6. I was able to move up the seat in my van because my stomach doesn't hit the steering wheel anymore.
7. I can bend over easier to tie my shoes.
8. All of my clothes are baggy. I have went from a XXL to an XL in my shirt and pants. I went down 2 sizes in my swimsuit!!
9. I am able to walk faster and longer on the treadmill.
10. I can wrap my arms all the way around Mike...clasping my fingers...when I hug him. The kids can now wrap their arms all the way around me when they hug me.

Everyday I notice something else that I can do easier!! And, it's funny, when I talk to people who have never had a weight problem...they never thought about any of those "little victories". Because they've never had to deal with any of it. You know...we all have our struggles in life, and not one is less frustrating or important than the other...they are just different. And, we can all learn from each other from our different experiences. Whether it is how to sympathize better or just how to deal with ourselves better. It is so important to be able to open yourself up and let those that love you know what you're going through. It will make a world of difference in the results. We all need someone to help guide us and hold our hand sometimes. So, don't go around thinking that nobody wants to hear your problems, because those that really love you, want to help make your problems go away. And, there's nothing wrong with that! :)


















5 comments:

Staci said...

I am incredibly proud of you...not just for your weight loss but also for your ability to focus on the positives the loss has made in your life. This is a fabulous post and one you can look back on many times with pride. You touched my heart with this post. Well done Jill! Keep up the good work! You're going to be healthy and live a long life with your family. :)

Michelle H. said...

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! Be proud of your hard work paying off!

mylettersofhealing said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I thought the difference was obviously noticeable but seeing the pictures side by side, so to speak ;), REALLY shows the difference. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work and remember to be patient with yourself along the way.

Ruth said...

So great!!! Keep up the good work.

Michele A said...

Billie, {tears} I love you so much! I'm so very proud of you!!! You really have your head wrapped around it this time. There still will be tough times but we are here for you. Miss you so MUCH. We are all excited to come and visit!!